The OER dev open standard catalog
This catalog is an overview of standards that can be relevant for projects developing OER. These standards can be technical or semantic and are sorted by relevant application. This catalog is updated on a regular basis and is in no way meant to represent a complete list of relevant standards.
The OER dev metadata standard (based on LRMI)
Learning resource metadata initiative (LRMI version 1.1)
Character encoding and languages
- UTF-8, ISO/IEC 10646
- ISO 639-1/639-2/639-3
- WCAG 2.0/2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
Link and reference
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)
- Ogg MP3 (Moving Picture Experts Group: Audio Layer III)
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codac)
- H.264 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)
- AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
- MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14)
The OER dev guidelines for video compression.
The OER dev guidelines for audio.